On Sun, 16 Jun 2024, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz via pld-devel-en wrote:

[...]
> But you did disable dependency generator for PEAR
>
> Author: Jan Rękorajski <bagg...@pld-linux.org>
> Date:   Sat Oct 17 10:02:30 2020 +0200
> - disable php pear dependency generators - ver 1.753
>
> and that causes now that rebuilding pear packages produce new packages
> that do not provide things that existing packages want.
>
> If you disabled this to get rid of pear specific deps then all pear
> packages need to be rebuild.

I think I know why I disabled it back then.
With rpm5, the dependency generators could be selected by hand in the
spec, this is not the case with rpm.org. Now, that dependency generator
is run on every package, it picks up a lot of BS that has to be excepted
with _noautoreq_pear - see latest updates to zabbix and occ packages.

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/