On Tue, 27 Aug 2024, Arkadiusz Miśkiewicz via pld-devel-en wrote:

> Recent postgresql versions require things ("MIT Credential Store") that
> do not exist in current heimdal 7.8.
>
> heimdal 8 is expected to have that (commits are in repository) but I
> don't see it coming especially that latest heimdal release is from 2022.
>
> Should we just switch in Th to maintained implementation - mit krb 5
> (latest release jun 2024) instead?

The reason we had heimdal instead of MIT was samba 4.0 that needed it.
Since AFAIR we build samba with internal heimdal for long time I don't
have anything against switching to MIT.

Queston is - are you going to take care of all rebuilds and deps?

--
Jan Rękorajski                    | PLD/Linux
SysAdm | baggins<at>pld-linux.org | http://www.pld-linux.org/