[EMAIL PROTECTED] said:
> Well, I don't see the benefit of using ring1 in stead of ring0. The
> protection problem remains...

Some things cannot be run in ring1; an attempt to so so generates a general
exception..

Then ring0 code can take a look and decide whether to emulate or kill, and if
emulation, then what kind of emulation (in some circumstances, 'device not
present" might be more appropriate than doing something a real device would).

--
Cheers
John Summerfield

Note: mail deliveed to me is deemed to be intended for me, for disposition as
I choose.