>From ChangeLog:

  - "Kevin P. Lawton" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>: Thu Dec 28 10:32:57 EST 2000
    Added dt-testbed dir.  This is just a small separate testbed program
      for developing thoughts about generated code for a quasi-dynamic
      translation scheme.  If you're interested in such developments,
      look at the README file in that dir.

So far, thoughts about dynamically generating code which mostly
just mirrors the actual guest code, but generating calls to
handler functions for certain instructions, looks good.

Mostly, we just have to be careful to not step on any guest
state when making the calls, or in processing in the
handler calls.

Since the branch handling routine will be called a lot, it
should be coded with a strong performance influence.  For
now, it doesn't really do much.

I think after a short period of time for hashing out ideas,
I will code this scheme into plex86.  Performance should be
decent after utilizing this.  Then onward, to other areas
of performance enhancement.

-Kevin

--
Kevin Lawton                        [EMAIL PROTECTED]