Kevin Lawton wrote:

> I modified this small program, and added some notes.  I use
> a command line define to force the library calls to use the
> 64bit variants implicitly.  Program is attached.  I would
> suggest that we do it this way, for those files which need
> 64-bit access.

You are mixing two things up.  Your program uses the new LFS
interface, which works on *all* files, even regular files,
but requires a recent (or patched) kernel and a recent glibc
to work.

What I wanted to demonstrate is that on *device nodes*,
it is possible to access beyond 2Gb even on very old kernels,
without using any of the LFS interface, just by using the
old llseek syscall.

Bye,
Ulrich

--