Dear All,

seeing as the bochs module is about to be severely re-jigged, here is a
port of my parallel support for bochs. There is a load of blurb in
parallel.cc which tells how to put together a config line.

I haven't been able to fully test this with plex yet (problems getting a
win95 image to play ball) but under bochs, the text and postscript
options both worked fine. My recommendation is to use postscript if you
can. The BIOS has NOT been updated so if someone would like to add
support for INT17 (I cannot get the BIOS to compile on my box)
hopefully, the text only OS's will be better supported.

Raw mode is not implemented. I have emulated a printer on the port
rather than the port itself. If someone would like to add in the extra
support to hook through to the actual printer ports I would be grateful.
There are hooks in the code to do this but it gets a little platform
specific so I hung back.

I will try to support this but have no objections to anyone making
changes/improvements. Throw it away if you want - it works for me it,
may not work well enough for you.

SMP Woes...

Under 2.4.0, I get a reboot with an SMP kernel. I get the same result
with SMP disabled but UniProcessor APIC support compiled in. Is there
any chance that we have a race condition tucked away somewhere??? Maybe
we should put an #error into the code to stop it compiling with SMP/APIC
under 2.4.x until we can find out what is going wrong?

A further bug, I have to use the ide scsi host code as the ide cdrom
code doesn't support my dvd-ram. With the scsi cdrom code on top of the
ide scsi host code, the bochs cdrom implementation breaks.

Ho hum,

Bryan

plex86_parallel.diff.gz