Chua Peeg wrote:

> Hi,
> Is anyone adding support for El Torrito support? If
> yes how can I help? If not how where can I begin?

Well, I've been looking at integrating (parts of) the smart boot manager
(http://btmgr.sourceforge.net/).
It is a boot manager that supports the El Torrito standard to boot from CDROM (and it
comes with full -nasm- sourcecode).

I've been trying to get it to work in both plex86 and bochs, but I had some problems
(the detection code of the el torrito extension causes the plex86/bochs bios to panic).

Integrating this could be done in several ways:
* create a seperate (extension) rom module that hooks itself to the appropriate
interrupts (this is probably the 'easiests' to do)
* integrate (parts of) the smart boot manager in the plex86/bochs bios
("unfortuntaly", most of the plex86/bochs bios is written in C - so it would probably
require a lot of work
to do this)
* create a disk image with the smart boot manager on it and have plex86/bochs boot
from HD, so the boot manager will be loaded.

--
Jeroen Janssen