User <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>, man 2001-10-29;
> Hi all! I'm trying to download plex86 via cvs, to a FAT partition, and
> the problem is, that plex86/kernel/dt has a file named 'todo' and a
> directory named 'todo'. on FAT, directories are the same as files except
> they have the 'directory' attribute set. thus, any given directory can't
> contain both a directory and a file with the same name.

The same holds for other fs, too. You can't have both a regular file and a
directory by the same name. You can, otoh, have multiple
files/directories by the same name, if only the case is different.

This is what is/was the case with the plex86 cvs.  There used to be a
directory called 'todo' and a regular file called 'TODO', but because of
problems like the one you are experiencing, the directory was removed.
Or was it the other way around? Well, one of them was removed, anyway.

So, if you check out the sources and make sure to prune pruned
directories (not sure how to do this exactly on wincvs or whatever it is
called, but it is mentioned in the archives), all should be well.

E.g. in my .cvsrc I have, among others, 'checkout -P' and 'update -dP'.

--
Håvard Dahle
Hardcore list lurker