On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 09:27:41PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
> Jeroen Dekkers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 08:55:18PM +0100, Bruce Stephens wrote:
>
> [...]
>
> >> So it strikes me that it's [valgrind] a working (GNU GPL) x86
> >> emulator, somewhat tailored to running things in a GNU/Linux
> >> environment.  And it works reasonably acceptably, too.  Even if
> >> it's not directly usable code, there ought to be things that could
> >> be stolen (presuming that GNU GPL code is acceptable for plex86;
> >> I've forgotten what license was intended).
> >
> > It's actually the LPGL. Personally I think the GPL with an exception
> > for the host OS would be better, but others have problems with
> > that. I don't really care much which one is used, as you can turn
> > the LGPL into the GPL at any time.
>
> It matters in that valgrind's not a useful source of code to steal
> (unless some agreement could be reached with the author, of course,
> which might well be possible) since it's GNU GPL.

You can link GPL and LGPL code without any problem. But I've to look
at the GNU GPL better to see if it is possible to link GPL'd code with
plex86 if it is running on a host OS with a GPL incompatible license.

Jeroen Dekkers
--
Jabber supporter - http://www.jabber.org Jabber ID: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Debian GNU supporter - http://www.debian.org http://www.gnu.org