Drew,

"DN" == Drew Northup wrote:

 DN> There was a patch for the 2.4.x kernel about the license thing a while
 DN> back--I'm still looking for it.

Don't thing that it causes problems: I've seen it for nVidia drivers and it
seem like a mere warning.

 DN> Andrey Khavryuchenko wrote:
 >>
 >> Warning: loading misc/../kernel/plex86.o will taint the kernel: no license
 >> misc/../kernel/plex86.o: init_module: Invalid argument
 >> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid
 >IO or IRQ parameters

 DN> Is your kernel compiled with all of the symbol versions defined?

Don't know.  Will check.

 DN> Our module won't work in a kernel with module versioning enabled.

Why?

 >> The kernel module failed to load!
 >> [akhavr@netmaster plex86]$ uname -a
 >> Linux netmaster.kds.com.ua 2.4.18-alt4-up #1 Mon Mar 18 21:24:40 MSK 2002 i686
 >unknown
 DN> extraversion field

 DN> We've also seen problem with kernels that have an extraversion field
 DN> defined.

Also, found in logs the following:

Apr 11 03:51:13 netmaster kernel: retrieve_vm_pages returned error.
Apr 11 03:51:13 netmaster kernel: retrieve_monitor_pages returned error

--
Andrey V Khavryuchenko          http://www.kds.com.ua/
Offshore Software Development