Hi Plone developpers,

This post is related to sunburst and jqueryui

Looking at new addons I have found collective.jqueryui.autocomplete
http://svn.plone.org/svn/collective/collective.jqueryui.autocomplete/trunk/collective/jqueryui/autocomplete/
This one just registering jqueryui into Plone (yet another one). I have
contacted the author to ask why he is not using c.js.jqueryui.

We are many developers to maintain c.js.jqueryui and I would like to
discuss its futur.

I would like to start a collective.z3cform.jqueryui to work on a set of
z3cform widgets where we will be able to have calendar & autocomplete.

I have already done a theme manager (collective.jqueryuithememanager) that
let you load a bunch of theme in one click in the backoffice, but sunburst
and its !important stuff are quite boring and make it doesn't play well
with others existing CSS stuff. You have to know c.js.jqueryui add an other
CSS and some patch to work with sunburst. And I should do this one dynamic
but I don't want ...

So is this possible to work on sunburst to make free of !important and more
friendly with others CSS like jqueryUI one ? I'm not a CSS guru and some
feedback on this will be really appreciated.

Another let say issue is jquery version:
https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/blob/master/Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_3rdParty/jquery.js
We are on 1.4.4. I will asking if someone would upgrade to 1.7. New jquery
plugins as started to depreciate older version like jquerymobile 1.0 who
support only 1.7.
I guess this need a plip so it will make a post on coredev first.

If you have any request regarding jqueryui in plone, it's time.

Regards / Cordialement,
JeanMichel FRANCOIS
Find me on Google + <https://profiles.google.com/toutpt>