Hi Luca,

On 2012-08-21 16:16:19 +0000, Luca Fabbri said:

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 2:37 PM, Jens W. Klein <j...@bluedynamics.com> wrote:
On 2012-08-21 12:35, Luca Fabbri wrote:

On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:15 PM, Jens W. Klein <j...@bluedynamics.com>
wrote:

On 2012-08-20 12:26, encolpe.dego...@free.fr wrote:

Hello,

We need a new release for collective.flowplayer: several bugs
were fix during the last year and several flowplayer versions
were released too.
Please push it as the 3.0 release.

Regards,
Encolpe DEGOUTE

One of the Pypi Package Owners(optilude, rpatterson, naro, lzdych) can
release it, or aks them to get access.

You can move it yourself to github, instructions are at

http://collective.github.com/#how-to-migrate-a-repository-from-svn-plone-org

I know I can move packages myself, but to be honest I don't like the
idea that someone not really managing the project can choose something
like changing repository :-)

I will be happy to take some times to move flowplayer to github *if*
this is a community choice (or a choice that project owner likes).

The overall plan is to switch off svn-collective somewhere in far future and
switch it to read-only end of the year (iirc). So the common sense is to
move all relevant/active repositories.

This does not mean that the package owner need to do this. Some people are
owners of a whole bunch of repos in svn and are for sure happy if others
help them.

Its important and also polite to ask/ notify the package owner, yes. This is
also stated in the manual i linked. Then its also important to additional
them as owners of the new github repo (if they have a user at github).

I think in this case its ok if someone not involved in past moves the repo
to collective. But communication wins always and helps to reduce
misunderstandings.

Ok, let's do it!

Who can I use as project owner on github (I think one from optilude,
rpatterson, naro, lzdych... I read those guys from pypi page), and
which github username I can use?

Any valid contributor[1]. And contributors are listed starting here:

- https://github.com/collective/collective.github.com/blob/master/permissions.cfg#L13

And if you don't see the person you want in the list, check to see if they have a GitHub account. For example, I just moved Products.PloneOntology and added sidnei to the contributors list:

- https://github.com/collective/collective.github.com/blob/master/permissions.cfg#L224

And then added the entry for Products.PloneOntology:

- https://github.com/collective/collective.github.com/blob/master/permissions.cfg#L2220

Of course if you are not an administrator:

- https://github.com/collective/collective.github.com/blob/master/permissions.cfg#L1

Then you should fork a copy, edit, and send pull request at which point an admin will merge and github-collective will make it so within the hour.

Alex

[1] What you especially don't want to do is create a repo entry for a user that does not exist in the contributors list (regardless of if they are on GitHub or not).

--
Alex Clark ยท http://pythonpackages.com