On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 10:57 AM, Nathan Van Gheem <vangh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, May 17, 2013 at 11:47 AM, David Glick (Plone)
> <david.gl...@plone.org> wrote:
>> As far as I can recall we didn't try to replicate the feature of changing
>> the workflow state without reloading the page. It's probably not hard to do
>> in jQuery if you need it.
>
> I think the reason we left it out is because it ended up being a confusing
> feature. Changing workflow state can affect navigation(top and portlets) so
> you pretty much need a full page load anyways.

Agreed.  For example, plone.app.kss makes too many assumptions about
re-loading portlets -- even portlets that were not actually assigned
on the page.  Incidentally, with KSS now removed in 4.3, I closed
#13510 (I created it) as wontfix.

> To see what we backported, check out:
> https://github.com/plone/Products.CMFPlone/blob/4.3.x/Products/CMFPlone/skins/plone_ecmascript/kss-bbb.js
>
> I also think some of the rules went into popupforms.js
> functionality(overlays), plone.app.content and plone.app.portlets. Might be
> missing some others...
>
> It should be very simple to implement this with jquery on your own if you
> miss the functionality. It's unfortunate that we never managed to document
> the change.

I am fine with a full page load, and I suspect others should be as
well.  Simpler here seems less likely to inadvertently break
assumption of add-ons, mine or others.

Sean