Thanks for your answer but this is not quite what I have in mind.

This addon extracts the data:image img elements and creates normal images in
plone. This was my first idea but this approach has 2 problems.
1. I haven't tested it but I think this addon doesn't work with new versions
of Products.TinyMCE (see https://dev.plone.org/ticket/13199 and
https://github.com/plone/Products.TinyMCE/pull/39/files)
2. I'd like to let my users choose where they wanna store the images.

The seconde point is why I need the plonebrowser functionality, to navigate
the plone site, choose where to store the image etc.