On 7/25/11 10:12 AM, dgroos wrote:

aclark wrote:

On 7/24/11 3:58 PM, dgroos wrote:
Thanks for responding Alex.  The new instance is located on a new server.
Also, I want a root install for this instance.

If by "root install" you mean you want to move your Plone site object
from some ZMI folder e.g. /sites/Plone to /Plone in the root of the ZMI,
then I agree it makes sense.

Back to q.transmogrifier, did you resolve the buildout issue?

Hi Alex,
By "root install" I'm using the term as expressed in these words (borrowed
from the plone.org site):
--The root (production) install:
--    Installs by default to /usr/local/Plone;
--    Creates a "plone" user, sets this user as owner of the data files, and
configures Zope to run
--    as the effective user "plone".
--    Program and configuration files are owned by the root user, and should
not be writable by the Zope process.

So, I don't mean it in the sense you described.  But I am changing servers
therefore I don't see how I can just run the upgrade steps--right?  I need
to actually move the content (several folders and their contents) from the
3.2.3 instance which is on one server running Hardy to the 4.0.7 instance
which is running on a separate server running Lucid.

I've still had no success getting transmogrifier to install so any advise to
this or on other ways to proceed would be much appreciated!

Copy the Data.fs to the new site.

David

Alex Clark ยท http://aclark.net