Just a resend of my earlier reply to Mikko:

If you're using grok directives, this is a lot easier in dexterity: you just
create a class named "View" derived from grok.View, put in a couple of
directives to assign context and permissions, then create a view.pt template
in a yourcontenttype_templates folder. Since you don't touch the setup
profile, you don't need to reinstall.

There's an example of this created with new content types in
zopeskel.dexterity 1.3b1 -- just posted to PyPI recently.