At 10:53 PM 29/12/2006 +0100, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>while working on a plot for my thesis I thought it would be cool to have
>pdf output. I was googling around and found a free pdf library (zlib
>license) in ANSI C, working on all major platforms:
>
>http://libharu.sourceforge.net/index.html

Nice !

About five years ago I wrote a PDF driver using a PDF library whose source
code was available, but wasn't Open Source - rather some unusual licence -
so shelved it. I looked at libharu as an alternative when they first
released it, but at the time it was dependent on C++, so I didn't pursue it
at all. Having looked at their web page just now, it seems that version 2
is ANSI C - is that right ? Or does it still have dependencies with C++ ?

>2) The paper size is hardcoded to A4 in the moment - good for Europeans,
>bad for anybody else, I need to add some flags for other formats.

A4 is probably best for everyone EXCEPT North Americans, so don't feel bad
about that !

Might I also suggest letting the user set their own explicit page
dimensions using plplot's regular command line options as well as flags for
pre-defined sizes ?

-Andrew