On Jan 26, 2007, at 5:51 PM, David Andrews wrote:

> Hi Joe, Per -
>
> I've just finished installing plplot, in the same way as I suspect Joe
> did, using 'cmake', which went fine and reported no errors.
>
> However, on compiling a few of the demos myself, as well as a very
> simple program consisting solely of
>
>         plinit() ; plenv(...); and plend();
>
> I receive a similar error as Joe described regarding the fonts -
>
>         MacBook:~/Pair Project/Code dave$ plLibOpenPdfstr: Found file
> /usr/local/share/plplot5.7.2/plxtnd5.fnt
>
> followed by nothing in the case of my simple program ( a window is not
> set up in aquaterm), and the same thing as well as a Bus Error when
> running the supplied plplot demos.  I've had mixed success plotting to
> X11 rather than to aquaterm, so perhaps this is more of a plplot
> issue, in which case i'm bothering the wrong mailing list!.  Perhaps
> the fonts aren't the problem in my case, though i suspect their may be
> a common issue.
>
> Does anyone have a working version of plplot 5.7.2 and aquaterm, and
> would care to describe how they set it up?

I have no problems with AquaTerm v1.0 (1.0), plplot 5.7.2, OS-X 10.4,
PPC. To do a quick check I compiled plplot 5.7.2 with only C language
support, and the xwin and aqt drivers, so I'm only referring to the C
examples when I say no problems. I find ccmake (note the extra c) to
be quite handy for configuring PLplot.

Could you describe your setup? Are you referring to the C examples as
well?

PLplot always prints that message when it starts, it is not an error
message.

best,
-Hazen