Hi,

recently I found out that there are unoffical MinGW 4.3.1 packages for
Windows (http://www.tdragon.net/recentgcc/) - they also provide a nice
installer, where everything is installed even ada and fortran support if
you wish so. Except the make tool, but I added a summary to our wiki of
the whole installation process:
http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=Setup_mingw . This
installer can also be used to install the official MinGW 3.4.5 packages.

So I installed also the ada packages, but cmake 2.6.0 (also 2.4.8) has
problems to pass the configuration stage:

-- Looking for include paths and libraries for Tcl/Tk
-- Looking for include paths and libraries for Tcl/Tk - not found
-- WARNING: Disabling everything that is Tcl/Tk related
-- FOUND gnat library
C:/DevZone/MinGW-4.3.1/lib/gcc/mingw32/4.3.1/adalib/libgnat.a
CMake Error at cmake/modules/CMakeDetermineAdaCompiler.cmake:18 (MESSAGE):
   Could not find compiler set in environment variable ADA:

   1.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   cmake/modules/ada.cmake:40 (enable_language)
   cmake/modules/plplot.cmake:311 (include)
   CMakeLists.txt:55 (include)

CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER_ENV_VAR
CMake Error: Error required internal CMake variable not set, cmake may
be not be built correctly.
Missing variable is:
CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER
CMake Error: Could not find cmake module
file:Z:/DevZone/PLdev/build/test/CMakeFiles/CMakeAdaCompiler.cmake
CMake Error: CMAKE_Ada_COMPILER not set, after EnableLanguage
-- Configuring done

If anyone has ideas what I should change to fix this, let me know.

Regards,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal