On 2008-10-08 09:01+0200 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>

>> Hi Arjen:
>>
>> Assuming I understand the naming conventions properly, I think you
>> just need
>> another Platform file called Windows-GNU-Fortran.cmake with the
>> appropriate
>> gfortran flags corresponding to the equivalent C flags in
>> Windows-gcc.cmake.
>> The location for that file for some time to come should be
>> cmake/modules/Platform. Once you are happy with all the Fortran
>> compiler and
>> linking flags on MinGW, you will probably want to submit that file to the
>> CMake project to help others.  Also in the distant future when our
>> minimum
>> CMake version corresponds to the version of CMake that includes that
>> Platform file, we can drop that file from PLplot.
>>
> Hello Alan,
>
> you are quite right about the name of the module file for this OS/compiler
> combination: it is indeed Windows-GNU-Fortran.cmake.
>
> However, it has only effect if I put in the modules/platform directory of
> CMake itself. There is no effect whatsoever, if I put it under PLplot.
>
> Do you have any idea how I could enforce that? As long as that module
> is not in the official CMake distribution, it should be in PLplot, after
> all.

Try it now (after revision 8862).  What I did was make a local copy of
CMakeFortranInformation.cmake modified (I hope) to allow what you want
(check for Fortran platform files in ${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}/Platform).  I
have checked (with temporary message commands) that
cmake/modules/CMakeFortranInformation.cmake is actually used by the CMake
build system, and I have also checked that my modifications appear not to
cause any issues for PLplot fortran on Linux.

If this allows you to use
${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}/Platform/Windows-GNU-Fortran.cmake (which for PLplot is
cmake/modules/Platform/Windows-GNU-Fortran.cmake), I will be submitting the
modified CMakeFortranInformation.cmake to the CMake project so we don't have
to maintain it forever and also to help other people with the same issue.
After all, the other languages allow use of platform files in
${CMAKE_MODULE_PATH}/Platform automatically because they use INCLUDE, and
the changes I put in implement this same policy for Fortran.