Hi Alan,

When I try to build the webpage following the instructions I get the
following directory structure:

debian ~/public_html/plplot : ls
htdocs
debian ~/public_html/plplot : cd htdocs/
debian ~/public_html/plplot/htdocs : ls
docbook-manual  examples-data

I can't find any page the seems to be the main page, or indeed any
html pages at all (except in docbook-manual). There are also no php
pages. I believe that I have php, so I'm a little puzzled about what
is going on.

debian ~ : which php
/usr/bin/php
debian ~ : php -v
PHP 5.1.2-1+b1 (cli) (built: Mar 20 2006 04:17:24)
Copyright (c) 1997-2006 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.1.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2006 Zend Technologies

As a consequence of this, the PLplot webpage is not yet up to date
with the current release.

-Hazen