On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 12:26 PM, Alan W. Irwin<ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 2009-08-04 08:48-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:
>
>> On 2009-08-03 22:21-0400 Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:
>>
>>> Commit 10206 adds custom axis label support (the function
>>> plslabelfunc, C only for now) to PLplot trunk.  Commit 10207 updates
>>> example 19 (also C only for now) to use plslabelfunc for specialized
>>> longitude and latitude axis labels.
>>
>> Hi Hez:
>>
>> ctest shows an example 19 segfault now.
>
> I have just now tried revision 10205, and the segfault is gone and valgrind
> produces absolutely clean results for example 19 with -dev psc so the issue
> must be something you introduced in 10206 or 10207.

Alan,

Thank you for the tests and detailed feedback.  I could not reproduce
the issue on my existing build tree, but a clean build tree does show
the segfault.

Commit 10215 fixes the problem on my system, with a slight change to
the custom label callback signature.  It now takes a string length
argument, and the callback is expected to set the label text directly.
 Example 19 has been updated to reflect this change.

Please let me know if this fixes the issue.  Example 19 is now
valgrind-clean on my system (64bit Ubuntu 9.04).

My wife defended her PhD dissertation yesterday and we are moving in
the next few days.  I apologize for my relatively slow responses
recently.  Once we are moved and somewhat settled in (~1 week from
now, hopefully) I should be able to keep up with PLplot more
effectively!

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty