While testing the qtwidget and other PLplot qt output devices I ran in
to two issues.  This is on Ubuntu 9.04 64bit, with the system Qt
version (4.5.0).

The first issue is similar in feel to an long-lived, ongoing Cairo
problem - calling plinit and selecting a qt device after a call to
plend causes a segmentation fault.  Simply calling "plinit(); plend();
plinit();" (selecting a qt device each time) is enough to trigger the
bug here.  I don't know if this happens for every qt device, but it
happens consistently for me with the qtwidget device.  Similar to the
Cairo bug, calling plend1 rather than plend avoids this bug.  Unlike
the Cairo bug, no text rendering is required to trigger the qt
segmentation fault.

The second issue relates to using plend1.  For example:

plsdev "qtwidget";
plinit ();
plenv 0. 1. 0. 1. 1 0;
plend1 ();
plsdev "qtwidget";
plinit ();
plenv 0. 1. 0. 1. 1 0;
plend1 ();

The first call to plend1 will not display a plot, just the plot window
with (on my system) a grey hatched background.  The second plend1 call
will show the plot.

I don't use the qt driver except for occasional testing, so I'm not
sure if these are PLplot bugs or bugs in some other library (for
example, Qt 4.5.0 vs a later release).

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty