Oops, I forgot: add "#include <QLocale>" somewhere at the top (e.g. below
#include <QMutexLocker>)
De : plplot-devel-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net
[plplot-devel-boun...@lists.sourceforge.net] de la part de Werner Smekal
[sme...@iap.tuwien.ac.at]
Date d'envoi : mardi 1 septembre 2009 09:47
À : Alan W. Irwin
Cc : Plplot-devel mailing list; Hazen Babcock
Objet : Re: [Plplot-devel] Qt driver update

Hi,

> I think I found out what the problem is. The first page reads okay,
> but then qt takes over to show the plot and somehow changes the locale
> or something. This is on a Mac, English version, but Austrian locale -
> so after that scanf expects floating point numbers to be written
> numbers like 3,1415 and not 3.1415. scanf fails then on the numbers. I
> assume that this is the problem, since I printed the out the numbers
> with printf in case  sscanf fails and the output is:
>
> 0: 0.0   0.0   0.0   0.0   1.0 0
> 1: 1.0   1.0   1.0   1.0   1.0 0
> 0: 0.0   1.0   1.0   1.0   1.0 0
> 0,000000, -0,000000, 0,000000. 0,000000, 0,000000, 3075440
>
> *** PLPLOT WARNING ***
> Unrecognized cmap1 format (wrong number of items (1) for version 2 of
> format) 0.0   1.0   1.0   1.0   1.0 0
>
> I'll try now to play around with my locale. The other Mac has also
> Austrian locale, but obviously Qt cocoa doesn't mess around here.

Ok, this is the problem. Qt carbon changes the locale and sscanf
doesn't work as expected any more. If I add

setlocale(LC_NUMERIC, "C");

just before the sscanf call, everything works as expected. This is
obviously not the correct solution but at least we know what is going
wrong. Also if I change my locale to UK the example works as expected.

Regards,
Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik

email: sme...@iap.tuwien.ac.at
web: http://www.iap.tuwien.ac.at/~smekal
phone: +43-(0)1-58801-13463 (office), +43-(0)1-58801-13469 (laboratory)
fax: +43-(0)1-58801-13499