On Sun, Oct 25, 2009 at 12:34 PM, Alan W. Irwin
<ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> Hi Hazen:
>
> If you look at the results from ext-cairo-test, the current background is
> white.  I followed up that issue, and our default cmap0 file is being read
> correctly which includes a black background.  However, that black PLplot
> background is currently being ignored (and I presume we are getting a
> default white background from the cairo libraries instead) because there is
> no handling of background colour for the extcairo device in cairo.c.
>
> Would you be willing to add background colour handling to extcairo like you
> do for all other cairo devices?

It is my understanding that automatically clearing the page to the
background color is intentionally left out of the extcairo device
intentionally so that the provided context is preserved.  This way a
user can provide, for example, an image they want to plot over and it
will be preserved.

I use this feature of the driver quite often, so I would prefer that
the extcairo functionality remain as-is, at least in the default case.

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty
Graduate Research Assistant