On 2010-03-01 20:24-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> Alan,
>
> Precisely what did you do to trigger this? I've tried running the
> example in the build tree on by Ubuntu system and I do not get any
> errors. I've only the standard qt libraries installed. It is also
> a 32 bit system which might be relevant.

Most of the relevant details are in README.release (revision 10837 where I
have just noted, for example, I am testing on a 64-bit system).

N.B. from that file the issue _only_ occurs with the combination
-DENABLE_DYNDRIVERS=OFF -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS=ON.  Did you use that combination
of cmake options for your test?

For that particular case, if I run examples/c++/qt_example in the build tree
or c++/qt_example in the install tree, the example works fine in all regards
(the curves, the histogram, the location crosshairs) except it just hangs when
you attempt to exit by normal means, and you must use ctrl-C instead.

The valgrind error messages only start when you attempt to exit by
normal means (alt F4, or the two possible GUI methods).

If with the correct CMake options you cannot replicate this issue on either
your 32-bit or 64-bit systems, then I will start trying older Qt versions,
and I hope you will also try the latest Qt release (Qt-4.6.1) that I am
using.