On 2011-07-13 22:22-0400 Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:

> On Jul 12, 2011 2:44 PM, "Alan W. Irwin" <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> >
> > As of revision 11811 I have all the bounding-box calculations
> > implemented for both plbox and label_box_custom.  I encourage you (and
> > others lurking on this list who are curious about this great new
> > PLplot feature) to take a look at
> >
> > examples/c/x33c -colorbar
> >
> > to demonstrate that plcolorbar bounding-box functionality is pretty
> > mature now.
> >
> > There is a bit more implementation I plan to do with regard to label
> > placement (centering on the appropriate plbox bounding-box side) and
> > bounding-box calculations for that repositioned label which should
> > take care of the remaining obvious issues with example 33.  After
> > that, further plcolorbar work will be largely up to you.
> >

> Alan,
>
> Thank you for your updates to plcolorbar! I should be able to spend some time
> on testing and tweaking once you finish up your bounding
> box commits. Example 33 looks quite good so far.

@Hez:

As of revision 11820 I am done with all my planned changes for
plcolorbar.  Thanks for being willing to take over now to review my
changes and also test my changes (presumably by adding to example 33).

@Everybody:

plcolorbar is finalized as far as I am concerned now, but not all
functionality has been tested yet.  Furthermore, it is still early
days with some chance that Hez might implement additional ideas now
that he is responsible for plcolorbar again.  So please do not
propagate to other language bindings/examples until Hez gives the word
(probably some time during the next release cycle).

@Hazen:

Ideally, Hez will be able to complete a lot of his planned testing and
tweaking of plcolorbar before the release, but I don't think we should
delay the release waiting for him since plcolorbar is still relatively
untested and may need further changes in the next release cycle in any
case.

I do plan to do some testing of PLplot before the release, but I can
spend only minor amounts of time on PLplot for the remainder of this
summer so I will probably limit that testing just to running
scripts/comprehensive_test.sh on Linux a couple of days before the
scheduled release.  It would be a big help if others here also ran
that script and reported both good and bad results at
http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki/index.php?title=Testing_PLplot
(and followed up here with the bad results so we could fix them if
possible before the release). I would like to do wine testing as well
using that script, but that tends to be much more time consuming to
set up all the Windows/wine prerequisites required for comprehensive
testing so I will likely give wine testing a miss this time.

Therefore, I suggest you go ahead and set the date for the release at
the first convenient weekend for you (next weekend?).  I can certainly
adjust to any date you decide, and I expect that is true of everyone
else here as well.