On 2011-09-08 08:27-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> I was thinking along the lines of #including the following header
> _before_ any other octave header
>
> #include <oct-dlldefs.h>
> #if !defined (_MSC_VER)
> #undef OCTAVE_EXPORT
> #define OCTAVE_EXPORT __attribute__ ( ( visibility( "default" ) ) )
> #endif
>
> (I am oversimplifying here since we would want to check gcc version,
> etc., but I assume you have already thought of this idea so understand
> what I am driving at).
>
> But when I looked up
> build_dir/bindings/octave/plplot_octaveOCTAVE_wrap.cxx
> it #included plplotP.h long after all the octave includes.
>
> Is there a swig directive to force our headers to be #defined
> first?

After sending off that question to the swig list, I realized there
is a gcc option that will help us:

-include FILE'
      Process FILE as if #include "file"' appeared as the first line of
           the primary source file.

Won't that option (set up properly with CMake) serve our needs
to #include the above header?