Hi Phil:

Thanks for your documentation suggestions which I will act on.

On 2012-01-20 02:28-0800 phil rosenberg wrote:
> As far as submitting a patch is concerned I haven't done this before. Am I
> correct in saying that I simply do
>
> diff -cr ~/plplot-5.9.9 ~/plplot-5.9.9 > wxwidgetscolourfix.patch

You need two distinct directory trees to
get any difference at all.

So

cp -a ~/plplot-5.9.9 ~/plplot-5.9.9_fixed

edit files in ~/plplot-5.9.9_fixed

Test ~/plplot-5.9.9_fixed using the normal separate build directory
(so ~/plplot-5.9.9_fixed is not filled up with built files to mess
up the patch).

There are many ways to generate a patch from
two distinct directory trees, but
the one I have memorized and which works well is

diff -Naur ~/plplot-5.9.9 ~/plplot-5.9.9_changed \
> wxwidgetscolourfix.patch

Look carefully at wxwidgetscolourfix.patch to make sure there is
nothing extra there (e.g., *~ files left by your editor) and delete
from ~/plplot-5.9.9_changed until the result of the diff command is a
patch file that has your changes and nothing else.  This clean-up step
is important.

> then submit the patch via the sourceforge site?

That would work, but we probably pay most attention to patches
submitted to this list as compressed e-mail attachments so
I would advise that method.