On 2012-08-20 22:07+0100 Andrew Ross wrote:

> Classes from QtGui and QtSvg are not explictly mentioned in qt.cpp, but
> derived classes (QtPLWidget etc from plplotqtd) are mentioned. On Linux
> at least "ldd -u qt.so" shows these libraries as unused dependencies, but
> "nm --demangle --undefined-only qt.so" contains references to functions
> in these libraries. I don't quite understand why, but I think to be safe
> we need to link with them, even if it causes warnings about linking
> with unused dependencies.

Hi Andrew:

My experience is also that ldd -u often produces invalid complaints
about unused direct dependencies.  So I think it is a bug in ldd -u
that should be reported.  But until that bug (or bugs) is fixed, ldd
-u appears to still be useful as an indication of a possible problem
with overlinking, but you have to rely on "nm" (as you have done this
time) to confirm each case where there is such an "nm -u" indication.

I was also very glad to hear that your latest effort was a success,
and Jerry is on the air again with our qt devices.