 From: Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca>
To: Arjen Markus <arjen.mar...@deltares.nl>; Andrew Ross
<andrewr...@users.sourceforge.net>
Cc: PLplot development list <plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>; phil
rosenberg <philip_rosenb...@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, 26 September 2013, 19:03
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] CMake bug report - sorry

Hi Andrew:

Thanks very much for all your testing and patching work this morning.
For example, I didn't have time to deal with Phil's example 19 patch, but
you did which I appreciate.  More below.

On 2013-09-26 16:31+0100 Andrew Ross wrote:

> Phil,
>
> wxWidgets works fine on my Ubuntu Linux system. I've checked and I can see no
> evidence of debug flags in the wxwidgets build, so I'm guessing it is either
> a windows
> issue or an issue with the specific wxwidgets version. I've just committed a
> change so
> cmake will only add the options if CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is set to Debug.
>

> Alan, you might also want to cast your eye over this to make sure you are
> happy.

I frankly don't understand the purpose of the relevant CMake logic block
but putting an extra AND CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug"
qualifier on whether that block of logic is run seems right to me since
you should only want the debug version of the wxwidgets library when
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug".

@Arjen: are you in a position to do a quick test of this new wxwidgets
logic on Cygwin?

@Phil: please also test the new logic to see if it sorts out the problem
you discovered.

@Andrew: I doubt I will have a chance to test out this change on Wine,
but I don't think it will make a difference in that case since my Wine
build of the wxwidgets libraries did not involve debug versions as far
as I know.  Which implies wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS_DEBUG will not be set
to true so this logic block will be skipped in my Wine case regardless
of your AND CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE MATCHES "Debug" addition to the if condition.