I applaud everyone's recent efforts here to make this the best-tested
release of PLplot ever.  One side effect, however, is I have been
responding (with my own short tests to confirm results or not) to
e-mail all day from you guys.  And there is still a qt_example issue
and a Mac OS X build issue that are not completely resolved.  That is
fine, and I am game for some more such interactions tomorrow.  After
all, such collaboration is a good way to shake out these remaining
PLplot bugs, and we should keep doing that until we can find nothing
more we want to tackle before release. But this extremely productive
debugging activity does mean I have been unable to to even start the
MinGW/MSYS/Wine tests that I still need to do before release.
Therefore, the actual date of the release is still very likely to be
before the start of next week but obviously that time is still not
finalized very well.

By the way, this whole situation reminds me of Andrew's advice which
supported the "earlier" December 14th release date.  His reasoning was
if our last-minute testing turned up any bugs (which turned out to be
a large understatement) it would give us an extra week to deal with
those while still being able to make the release before Christmas.
Thanks for that extremely good advice, Andrew!