Jim and others
A gotcha that I just found doing unrelated stuff (actual work!) is that
calls to plscmap0and plscmap0n are not saved to the buffer, but calls to
plcol0 are saved to the buffer using the index it is called by. I found the
bug because I was changing the colour map part way through plotting and
getting odd colours on redraws. I guess plcolmap1 is probably similar.

I have a feeling that we might find a number of these type of problems
along the way.

Phil