On 2015-01-20 14:35-0000 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi Alan
> I thought I had the CMake script for the new wxWidgets driver sorted.
> Everything built and ran as it was supposed to on my home Ubuntu
> machine. However Ihave just tried on my work CentOS machine and when I
> try to run the viewer process I get the following error
>
> wxPLViewer: error while loading shared libraries:
> libplplotwxwidgets.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file
> or directory
>
> The error is the same whether I run the viewer from its build location
> in the utils subdirectory or from its install location in the bin
> subdirectory.
>
> I can see that libplplotwxwidgets.so.0 has been built in
> bindings/wxwidgets/CMakeFiles/CMakeRelink.dir and installed in the lib
> subdirectory.
>
> I basically took the CMake code directly from the wxWidgets example -
> and this does run. I wondered if you had any suggestions for what
> might be going wrong? If there is any code you would like me to send
> you then let me know.
>
> Note that on this computer I don't have admin rights so I am
> installing to a folder at ~/usr. Not sure if this makes any
> difference.

The error basically says the Linux run-time loader cannot find the library
you linked with.  Normally on Linux CMake automatically deals with all such
issues
in the build tree so I don't understand why you are getting an error in
that case.  It may be the version of CMake you are using with CentOS
has a bug.  Anyhow, one experiment you should try on CentOS is to
build your favorite version of CMake there.

By the way, a workaround is to set the LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment
variable to the directory where the shared library is located so that
should allow you to test further on CentOS.

I will take a look at this once you share your work with
a patch.