On 2015-02-06 16:23-0700 Orion Poplawski wrote:

> On 02/06/2015 03:58 PM, Alan W. Irwin wrote:

>>> Great, thanks.  It would be helpful for my testing if git master started
>>> calling itself 5.11.0.
>>
>> Hi Orion:
>>
>> Most project's version number changes are done quite late in release
>> cycles to allow flexibility in choosing the release number (say if an
>> emergency release has to be made to fix an issue or a series of
>> release candidate releases are issued at the end of the release
>> cycle).  This late in the release cycle we could be a bit flexible
>> about that (since the time is long past for emergency fix releases for
>> this release cycle and we don't plan any release candidates before the
>> final release).
>
> I guess I don't understand why you couldn't just branch off of an earlier
> point if you needed to do a bugfix release.  Most projects would have already
> made a stable branch for such things, but you could do it at any time.

Currently, we have conflated testing, release, and master (branches
that many projects use) into just one public branch called master to
keep our workflow simple. A public "release" branch is certainly on my
agenda, but I am not sure that is possible with a rebase workflow, and
we might have to wait to implement a "release" branch until we make
the transition to a more sophisticated workflow.

> [.... git master branch is looking] pretty good so far.  Difference so far:
>
> +-- checking for module 'libagg'
> +--   package 'libagg' not found
> +-- Could NOT find AGG (missing:  AGG_LIBRARIES AGG_INCLUDE_DIR)
> +-- WARNING: AGG not found.  Setting HAVE_AGG to OFF.
> +-- WARNING: wxwidgets driver and bindings components depending on AGG library
> have been dropped
>
> Before, HAVE_AGG showed blank.  Perhaps I should enable it now.  Suggestions?

Leave it disabled.  The agg dependence should completely disappear once
Phil's wxwidgets rewrite lands on master.

> --- Cairo OCaml library found
> --- checking for module 'cairo'
> ---   found cairo, version 1.14.0
> --- lablgtk2 OCaml library found
> +-- WARNING:Cairo OCaml library not found.  Disabling Plcairo module
> +-- WARNING:Cairo OCaml library not found.  Disabling lablgtk2 support
> +-- WARNING: lablgtk2 OCaml library not found.
>
> Hmm, will have to figure out why plplot can no longer find it.  This is
> definitely due to a plplot change.

I get the above warnings here as well.  As far as I can recall they
concern some additional OCaml bindings functionality that Hez has not
completed yet.  So I would not worry about these warnings at all.

In sum, there appear to be no special Fedora issues at this time which
makes me a happy camper.  :-)