Hi Jim
I added this as I need access to that functionality from wxPLViewer. I
saw it as a temporary measure until all the plmeta stuff you were
working on was finalised. Ideally it would be a function in the API,
however that requires a change to all the language bindings, whereas
with an escape command it can be accessed via the plcmd function.

I agree that this is a bit of a dirty hack, but something like this is
unfortunately required to enable the viewer to pass a raw buffer into
the library. I will however look at plbuf_switch to see if that can be
used instead.

Phil