On 2015-02-23 16:05-0000 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi Alan
> Based on your comments I have just pushed a fix for the orientation
> problem. I tested the results on Centos as well as Windows and on xwin
> as well as wxWidgets. This change actually improves the xwin results,
> giving consistent aspect ratios on replots - please check x03 to see
> the improvements.
>
> This will be my last "non-trivial" change in non-wxWidgets code until
> post-release.

Thanks for fixing this orientation problem, and I agree resizes of x03c
with either wxwidgets or xwin look good now.

However, as a top priority could you finalize the fix in a
cross-platform way for the randomized name issue?  I worked pretty
hard on that to make a nanosecond timer patch that works for the
Debian stable case, but most of the rest of it (test that the patch works on
CentOS, and using a Windows variant of a nanosec timer) must be done
by you.

As a very much lower priority, I noticed that the aspect ratio was
coming out wrong (circles were being turned into ellipses) for one
of the pages you get from running

examples/c/x14c -dev wxwidgets

Both xwin and xcairo give circles for this case.
I have updated https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/bugs/151/ accordingly.

For the record (although I don't think we should do anything about
this now) I also noticed that the -a option (to change the aspect
ratio of plots) was not working correctly for several different
devices including xwin, xcairo, and wxwidgets.  I am pretty sure this
used to work properly, but the last time I checked that was a long
time ago so I have no idea whether this is an ancient regression or
some regression caused by more recent changes.