On 2015-03-29 15:48+0100 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi Alan
>
>> What version of swig are you using there?
> Turns out the Swig version is 1.3.40, so probably quite some way
> behind yours. I don't know if you gan do a minimum Swig version in the
> future to ensure things "just work"?
>
>> To follow up on my recent posts concerning comprehensive testing,
>> doing that on your CentOS platform would obviously be quite worthwhile
>> both from the perspective of the quality of PLplot in general and also
>> for your personal use of PLplot on that platform.
> Hi Alan
> I certainly will if I have time. I am actually on leave this week so
> fingers crossed I should be able to find some time now to run the
> tests both on Windows and on Centos. Actually the machine I hit the
> Octave problem on wasn't my work machine. If you are interested, it
> was a high performance data analysis machine operated as part of one
> of the supercomputer facilities in the UK. With Octave turned off I
> got a good build, and was able to use the X11 and noninteractive
> drivers, but I hit problems with wxWidgets. I'm not sure of the cause,
> but the machine doesn't have GTK, so I had to use the
> wxUniversal/wxX11 build rather than wxGTK and I had to switch off
> Unicode due to a missing Pango dependency so that is new wxWidgets
> territory for me. I therefore don't know if the cause was PLplot or
> wxWidgets related. Given it is very much recommended to use Unicode
> since wxWidgets 3.0 that might be the cause.

>From epa_build experiments I have done some time ago, I independently
concluded that wxGTK is the only viable wxwidgets platform on Linux
for us.  See comments in cmake/epa_build/wxwidgets/CMakeLists.txt. All
the other wxwidgets variants would epa_build, but none of them
satisfied our unicode needs.  So my epa_build results and conclusion
from them seem to be consistent with yours. Note that because of the
epa_build dependencies, the epa_build target called build_plplot will
automatically build gtk+, wxwidgets (wxGTK), etc., and use them for
comprehensive PLplot testing. See cmake/epa_build/README for further
details concerning running a comprehensive test of PLplot using
epa_build.