Mingw/msys:
Because I have cmake modified to look in /usr/local
and such for libraries and such (not a good idea, I know now), I added
the option --cmake_command to the script and used

--cmake_command=/d/path-to-cmake/bin/cmake.exe and the make completed
ok but the ctest
hung at example/c/x00c; I had to kill the process.
I'm sending gzipped- tar files to you separately because the list
filters may kill the message altogether.

About Msys/Msys2:
I suppose there are 4 distinct platforms I use in Windows: Msys2 with
minw32/, with mingw64/, and msys1 with mingw standard (mingw.org).
And cygwin64.  For the purposes of these tests I'll label
them mingw32, mingw64, and mingworg.  Msys or cygwin run  posix
compatibility layers and maintain their own "mounted" file systems
within windows'  file system.  They can also interpret windows-style
pathnames. Both Msys are derived from cygwin.
Cygwin tries hard to be "your unix in the dos-box" but msys is
avowedly limited in scope to the support of cross-compilations of UNIX
builds on the windows' platform.  To do this it generally snoops on
the command line and looks for likely places that filenames would
benefit
from translation from the msys-mounted to the win-style, i.e. /usr/lib
becomes D:/path-to-msys/lib.
For cygwin, everything is kept in posix-style notation.

 As far as msys goes, msys2 is built to be 64-bit, to keep up better
with the modern cygwin layer.
Msys2 uses a pacman-based packaging update system,
https://sourceforge.net/p/msys2/wiki/MSYS2%20installation/
  The default configuration is, /msys64 toplevel directory which
becomes "/". GCC toolchain,
complete with support libraries, are installed from the mingw-w64
project into /mingw64 and, for
native 32-bit builds, /mingw32.  The big convenience for me, besides
the pre-built libraries, was
that someone decided which exception and thread models to use!!  (I
suppose they could be swapped out if needed).