To Arjen and Phil:

I have just now (commit id 3644bc3) reverted Phil's recent C-level
fix for plInBuildTree on Windows and replaced it with a more general
CMake-level fix that makes sure IGNORECASE is always #defined on
all varieties of Windows.  Since all sorts of tests are sensitive
to plInBuildTree delivering the correct result, I throughly tested
my fix on Linux using a default (i.e., all tests were run) comprehensive
test on that platform.

The issue that was fixed is that IGNORECASE was not #defined on any
variety of Windows for the static build case.  I don't really
understand how the comprehensive tests that Arjen has been running on
Cygwin did not detect that issue, but fortunately Phil's recent tests
did detect that issue.

@Phil: Please give this improved fix a try for the MSVC static case where
you had trouble with plInBuildTree before.

@Arjen: This fix should also be tested on Cygwin, but I suggest you
wait to do that until something else needs testing on Cygwin as well.
And that will probably occur fairly soon since I hope to have some
suggestions for you later today about additional packages that should
be installed on Cygwin to broaden the scope of your Cygwin testing
still more.