I have been using the calls
-    SetWindowLong( aStream->hwnd, GWL_USERDATA, (long) pls );
+    SetWindowLongPtr( aStream->hwnd, GWLP_USERDATA, (LONG_PTR) pls );

in both 32- and 64-bit compiled wincairo application for months, as well as
in wingcc.  They work.  AFAICT there's
no reason to maintain #ifdef _WIN64 conditionals as long as you go with
these calls.

I hadn't noticed the omission of <cairo-win32.h> except it now removes a
worrisome warning I got
in 64-bit compilation (the 32-bit comnpilation didn't need this, evidently).