Hi All
I think I have found some inconsistencies in  the plplot rotated text
text routines.

I am trying to get the 3d text correct in the wxWidgets driver in x28.
It dawned on my that the driver reports the size in device units as
the maximum int in both directions - i.e. square. So I applied a
correction to the rotation and shear to account for the actual aspect
ration and suddenly all the 3d text looked perfect. Even better when
the aspect ratio changed, the text also changed to match giving
perfect resizable windows. I was very pleased.

The I tested example 4 and found that the in plot text was no longer
parallel with the line. I was less pleased.

Tracing through c_plptex I realised that the device units per mm have
been set bythe driver to reflect the actual aspect ratio. So xpmm is
156.1 and ypmm is 221.6.

I therefore think that the 3d text and the standard rotated text are
calculated in different unit spaces. One in mm which honours the
aspect ratio and one in device units which assumes a square.

I'm not sure what to do about this. Does anyone know any other drivers
which report sizes in this way or am I being an idiot for trying to do
this - (if I am then we should replace xpmm and ypmm with a single
dupmm to stop it happening to anyone else). I actually rather like the
fact that by telling plplot the page is square I can get the text to
adjust to aspect ratio changes, but it will probably break the replot
function if it uses a different driver that doesn't do this.

I could try to make the 3d and standard rotated text consistent, but
I'm not sure which is "right".

Any suggestions would be very welcome right now before I start making
decisions based on wxWidgets requirements.

Phil