Hi Phil:

I just discovered that commit 9dc7393d = "Rewrite of the wxWidgets
text processing methods" does not build on Debian oldstable with
wxwidgets version 2.8.12.1.  The reason is that version of wxwidgets
does not contain wx/ustring.h, i.e., your rewrite depends on
wxwidgets-3.0.0 or later.  That is fine with me since I generally
don't think we should go out of our way to support old versions of
software libraries (and in any case I will likely be moving to Debian
stable with wxwidgets version 3.0.2 in the near future).

Anyhow, I am preceding on the assumption that the minimum version of
wxwidgets we support is now 3.0.0 (see my recent commit b4245b3 to
that effect).

Please commit a change to README.release saying we only support
wxwidgets-3.0.0 or later so this change does not give a nasty surprise
to users who still are attempting to use wxwidgets-2.x.