On 2015-11-07 19:39-0000 Phil Rosenberg wrote:

> Hi all

> Now that the wxWidgets AGG device is removed are there any other AGG
dependencies? I ask because AGG 2.5 has been released with a GPL
licence istead of the previous more permissive BSD licence. This means
that any version of Plplot built with AGG 2.5 must use the GPL
licence, not the LGPL licence. I don't know if we need to make this
clear anywhere?

Hi Phil:

The only AGG dependency left is for the -DOLD_WXWIDGETS=ON case.  I
think we will likely want to support that case for at least one more
release since my understanding is there are still some important wxwidgets
issues that you are working on for the default -DOLD_WXWIDGETS=OFF
case.  But however the decision goes about exactly what release we
decide to retire the -DOLD_WXWIDGETS=ON case, it is pretty obvious
that retirement will be relatively soon so I don't think we need to
worry that much about AGG 2.5 licensing issues.