A bad efficiency regression in CMake-3.5.0-rc1 and a whole host of
other 3.5 issues got fixed for CMake-3.5.0-rc2 so I decided to test that
CMake version by doing a complete comprehensive PLplot test (except
the interactive part was dropped so I wouldn't have to babysit the test).

That noninteractive comprehensive PLplot test of CMake-3.5.0-rc2
worked flawlessly on Linux just like CMake versions 3.3.2 and 3.4.3
did before this test. So I urge you all to try 3.4.3 now (especially
on non-Linux platforms since as
noted yesterday a bump to that minimum version for those platforms
is imminent [i.e., soon after both Cygwin and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 provide
that version of cmake]) and also try 3.5.0 as soon as that finalized
version is released.  And please share those good or bad results for
your various platforms with this list to give us all a better idea of
the reliability of the various CMake versions on various platforms.