From: "Greg Jung" <gvj...@gmail.com>
Sent: ‎17/‎02/‎2016 07:53
To: "plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net" <plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: [Plplot-devel] Can the rasterization be improved/parameterized?

I am comparing what is done in windows using the wincairo driver and
the normal wingdi/wingcc methods, the diagonal line from Cairo looks
quite straight but the gdi-drawn line is jagged.

The top-stacked plot uses wincairo while the bottom plot uses the wingdi (which
is wingcc
with better lettering and re-scaling).  Each plot is the same, drawing
diagonals through
points (each major tic is 20), about 65 in the top graph.

  Does the jagged diagonal arise from an efficiency method that can be
parameterized
to not be so fast, but look better?

Thanks,
Greg