On 2016-04-28 10:19-0000 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hi Wadud,

> The changes should be there now - I introduced ISO_C_BINDING's
C_INT32_T kind to solve the portability issue. On the platforms I have
available that works fine. See
https://sourceforge.net/p/plplot/plplot/ci/f00ee2a0fb0293e118a359d6e6312b30804b3420/

Hi Arjen and Wadud:

@ Arjen:
I followed up (commit 4ec18f8) by doing a similar change for our
private Fortran types (using c_float and c_double rather than
kind(1.0) and kind(1.0d0)).

My Fortran-constrained comprehensive test on Debian jessie of that
change and Arjen's previous change gave perfect results.

As far as I know commit 4ec18f8 is our last Fortran change (other than
documentation) for our forthcoming release.

Now that you are all set up to do constrained Fortran tests on your
three Windows platforms, you will likely want to follow up by
repeating those tests for commit 4ec18f8.  But before running those
tests, please give me an hour or so to look at the report tarballs you
sent me recently for both the Cygwin and MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platforms in
case I spot some issue with the contents of those report tarballs.

[...]
> I've found PLplot the best visualisation libraries for Fortran 90 which I
> would like to thank you for :-)

@Wadud:

On behalf of Arjen (who is the principal developer of both the old and
new Fortran bindings) and myself, thanks for those kind words about
our old Fortran binding.  I think you will like our new Fortran
binding even better, but if you find some issue with it, please let us
know, and we will attempt to fix it.