On 2016-10-19 00:10-0400 Pedro Vicente wrote:

> 2) wxWidgets not detected
>

> I used
>

> M:\plplot-plplot\build>cmake ".." -G "Visual Studio 14" -DPL_DOUBLE:BOOL=ON
> -DBUILD_TEST:BOOL=ON -DCMAKE_CONFIGURATION_TYPES:STRING="Debug"
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYP
> E:STRING="Debug" -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=OFF -DSTATIC_RUNTIME:BOOL=ON
> -DPLD_wxwidgets:BOOL=ON -DwxWidgets_ROOT_DIR:PATH=%WXWIN%
> -DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR:PATH=%WX
> WIN%\lib\vc_lib -DwxWidgets_CONFIGURATION=mswud -DENABLE_MIX_CXX=ON
> -DwxWidgets_EXCLUDE_COMMON_LIBRARIES:BOOL=OFF
> -DCMAKE_PREFIX_PATH:PATH=I:\qt-win32-msvc20
> 15 -DPLPLOT_USE_QT5:BOOL=ON > a.txt 2>&1
>
> and the a.txt file is attached

Hi Pedro:

I think this topic deserves its own thread so note the subject line
change.  I looked at your a.txt file, and indeed

-- wxWidgets_FOUND           : FALSE
-- wxWidgets_INCLUDE_DIRS    :
-- wxWidgets_LIBRARY_DIRS    :
-- wxWidgets_LIBRARIES       :
-- wxWidgets_CXX_FLAGS       :
-- wxWidgets_USE_FILE        : UsewxWidgets
-- WARNING: wxWidgets or its libraries not found so setting all wxwidgets
devices to OFF.

But then you look near the end of that file, and you find this
interesting tidbit.

CMake Warning:
   Manually-specified variables were not used by the project:

     ENABLE_MIX_CXX
     wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION

What did you mean to do with the -DENABLE_MIX_CXX=ON cmake
command-line option?  I can find no reference
at all to the string "_MIX" in our source tree or in the near-complete cmake
documentation you get by running cmake --help-full so I suspect you
have mispelled that option.

In contrast to ENABLE_MIX_CXX, wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION is readily found
in cmake/modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake, but you are obviously not getting
to that part of the logic which is likely due to some incorrect setup
of the search for wxWidgets that you are doing.  So I would carefully
review the other wxWidgets command-line options you are using.  For
example you specify

-DwxWidgets_ROOT_DIR:PATH=%WXWIN%

Is "WXWIN" set correctly?  For example, the
find module documentation in cmake/modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake uses
the example of C:/wxWidgets-2.6.3 so you should check that WXWIN
translates to the equivalent for your wxWidgets-3.1.0 installation.
And similarly for -DwxWidgets_LIB_DIR:PATH=%WXWIN%\lib\vc_lib

Once you have WXWIN set correctly (or whatever is needed to change
your wxWidgets cmake command-line options so that
wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION is used), then my prediction is the rest
of the wxWidgets find process will work as well.  But please let me
know whether this prediction pans out.  :-)