Hi Hazen,

Gfortran 4.8.0 was released in march 2013, the last version of that series was
4.8.5, released in june 2015. The current development version is 7.x. Version 5
has seen four releases since the first one in april 2015. While I can imagine
there are problems with the new binding if you use this rather old version of
gfortran, note that we have been testing this with three unrelated compilers
(gfortran 5.x, Intel Fortran 15 and NAG Fortran). I may actually be able to
test it with a fourth one, Oracle Fortran, before the freeze date. So I am
pretty sure that a recent enough version of any Fortran compiler will be
useable.

Nevertheless, do you have an error report for gfortran 4.8? We have seen a few
issues when we started on this, but I do not remember whether they were serious
and with the newer version they have disappeared. (The NAG compiler is rather
picky about not following the standard ;)).

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.