I finally got cmake to generate a Makefile with the wingdi and wingcc
drivers enabled. When running cmake on Window 10 + msys2, there is a "System
is unknown to cmake" message, which results in several variables being
unset.  I sent a message to the cmake mailing list and I will wait to see
what happens.

A quick perusal of our mailing list reveals that others have grappled with
this.  I think some tweaking of the cmake/modules/wingcc.cmake and
cmake/modules/wingdi.cmake might be needed; however, I think waiting for
some action from the cmake group might be prudent.

I was able to get cmake to work with the following command

cmake -G "Unix Makefiles" -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/opt/plplot -DPLD_wingdi=ON
-DPLD_wingcc=ON -DWIN32=1 -DMINGW=1 -DMINGWLIBPATH=/d/msys64/usr/lib/w32api
../plplot/

Unfortunately, the make fails while building plstream.cc

/d/plplot/plplot/bindings/c++/plstream.cc: In member function 'virtual void
cxx_pltr2::xform(PLFLT, PLFLT, PLFLT&, PLFLT&) const':
/d/plplot/plplot/bindings/c++/plstream.cc:102:9: error: 'cerr' was not
declared in this scope
         cerr << "cxx_pltr2::xform, Invalid coordinates\n";
         ^~~~
/d/plplot/plplot/bindings/c++/plstream.cc:102:9: note: suggested
alternative:

Any thoughts?